Ten Ways to Tell if She is A TRUE TOMBOY or A DECEITFUL DAMSEL
1. She is a TRUE TOMBOY if her boots have real scuffs and dirt on them from wearing them on the farm, out in the bush, mudding, hunting or fishing. She might be a DECEITFUL DAMSEL if her boots look like new, because likely she only bought them to wear to a country concert or to wear to the local county fair.
2. She is a TRUE TOMBOY if she can get up and throw her hair up in a ball cap to head out for the day. She might be a DECEITFUL DAMSEL if this ball cap is a brand new, spotless Bass Pro Shops hat that looks like it’s never seen a speck of dirt in its life!
3. She is a TRUE TOMBOY if she not only wants to go four-wheeling with you, but already has her own gear – or better yet, her own quad! She might be a DECEITFUL DAMSEL if she spends more time snap-chatting and instagraming the day instead of enjoying the ride.
4. She is a TRUE TOMBOY if she knows how to shoot a gun. She doesn’t need your help, or to show her how it works, or which ammo to use. She might be a DECEITFUL DAMSEL if she wants you to take pics of her holding the gun, shoots it once, then whines about how loud it is.
5. She is a TRUE TOMBOY if the idea of a perfect date to her is cruising down back roads in your (or her) pick-up truck, fishing on the lake, a bon fire, or sitting on the tailgate under the stars. She might be a DECEITFUL DAMSEL if she says she wants these things but then in your truck she puts the window up so it won’t mess up her hair, goes fishing but can’t bait a hook, complains about the bugs, or sits staring at her phone the whole time to find the perfect filter to use for her new FB profile pic of the bon fire, you know, to prove howcountry she really is.
6. She is a TRUE TOMBOY if she can drive a vehicle with a manual transmission, you know, the ones where you change the gears yourself? If she can drive a tractor that is a BONUS. She might be a DECEITFUL DAMSEL if she says she can do these things and has done them many times before, you know, back when, that one day, many years ago…when it never really happened…so you never should count on her to actually do this if you haven’t seen it happen first hand.
7. She is a TRUE TOMBOY if she goes or has gone hunting, with the guns and gear to prove it, she will also know when ducks, deer and turkeys are in season. She might be a DECEITFUL DAMSEL if she says she loves hunting, but all her camo is pink.
8. She is a TRUE TOMBOY if her jeans have rips and holes in them from wear and tear. She might be a DECEITFUL DAMSEL if she bought them that way at Abercrom-Hollist-Eagle.
9. She is a TRUE TOMBOY if she would love to get a manicure but knows it won’t last long because she works with her hands, or she’s outdoors, on the farm, playin’ in the dirt. She might be a DECEITFUL DAMSEL if she always has a perfect manicure and never gets dirt under her fingernails.
10. She is a TRUE TOMBOY if she can be one of the guys, hang with the guys and be on their level but also understands when guys just need to have ”guy time”. She might be a DECEITFUL DAMSEL if she will hang with the guys, but has little to add to the conversation, and complains if you want to spend time with just the guys without her sometimes.