“Hell naw, to da naw naw naw!” A North Carolina man confuses what he thought was a garden hose, actually turned out to be a big ole snake.
Brian Walsh, at his Huntersville home, spotted what he thought was a garden hose in his yard. As he got closer to it, he realized, once he was about a foot away from it, that it wasn’t a hose at all. It was alive!
“The sheer size of it! At first, it completely caught me off guard and not going to lie-- terrified!,” Walsh told the Charlotte Observer.
Walsh’s wife posted a photo of the snake on a Snake Identification Facebook group with over 170,000 where they learned the 6-foot “hose” was actually a non-venomous eastern rat snake that is known to suffocate its prey.
“We’ve come across black rat snakes before, never this large,” Wash claimed.
The Walshes said that even though rat snakes have been known to bite, they aren’t really considered dangerous to humans. They decided that since the snake was harmless, they are going to allow the snake to remain on the property because of its ability to keep rodents and other snakes at bay.
“It’s harmless and helps keep mice and other undesirable snakes at bay.” Tiffany Walsh said. “It’s clearly been around a long time, so it must keep its distance most of the time.”
Image courtesy Facebook/Tiffany Walsh